Sunday, January 20, 2008

How Do You Paste Your Eyes Shut?

By reading Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jennifer Lancaster (http://www.jennsylvania.com/). Seriously, if you are not reading her books and her blog - well, what the hell ARE you doing? I continue to turn people on to her and everyone loves her - with the exception of my husband and my dogs, all three of which I have chased out of the room, off the couch/bed, or woken up with my incessant laughter. My big problem right now is that her next book will not be released until May!

So before all the funny happened, I spent some time reviewing 2007. I did so because my life is really different than it was and G asked me to write down what the difference was so that I could refer to it if things start to unravel again.

  • I begin my new position on the 28th of this month and I am so damn excited. The job is not perfect (A LOT less money & paid on an hourly rate, A LOT more management than I am used to), but it is within a hospital that I have always loved (Level One trauma/indigent care hospital downtown), has great benefits - including tuition reimbursement, and is the 1st step towards my career transformation process. The hours are early, but allow me the opportunity to hit the gym before I have to pick up Chloe and still gives me time to make healthy meals in the evening.
  • I am in love with my husband and enjoy his company. This is huge as I was sure I was on the verge of divorce last year and very ready to become a single mother. So much so, I ultimately destroyed what was becoming a meaningful friendship with someone important to me by creating a happily ever after and romanticizing what could have been, could be, in my mind to get away from the reality of what was happening in my real-life relationship. So if you are still reading, please realize I made a mistake, I could not be more sorry about that, and I hope you are happy with the changes you have made.
  • I have been working out with a trainer a couple of times a week, have an appointment with a nutritionist at the end of the week, and am eating breakfast on a regular basis.
  • This year will resolve us getting out of this massive house and into something that we can manage, and that makes me very happy.
  • I have made the decision to take a vacation this year and that means I am happy.

So this may not make sense to any of you, but I am happy and really that is what matters to me. Being happy. So much so, I have had these bizarre feelings I have never had before...I want another baby. Yes, I said it. No, I am not going to act on it any time soon, or at all for several reasons. First off, G is turning 46 in August, has had the "procedure", and already has children turning 19, 16, & 4 this year, and I am starting a new job, wanting to finish school - move onto an advanced degree program, and will be moving to a new home in March/April. Busy, Busy, Busy.

So I am reading the book Jillian Michaels wrote (Winning By Losing) and she suggests setting goals and rewards. The categories are:

  • Long-Term Goals/Long-Term Rewards
  • Monthly Goals/Monthly Rewards
  • Weekly Goals/Weekly Rewards
  • Daily Goals/Daily Rewards

I am going to figure out what these are for me and then how I can post them on this blog and will do so. I am open for suggestions, so drop me a line!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!! A female me on Steroids. I just stumbled on your site and I love your honesty. I've just started my trip into the blogesphere and I'm looking forward to following your journey. Maybe I can even get my wife to read your blog. God knows it's like pulling teeth to get her to read mine. Lol.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.