Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Day One

So I have been thinking a lot about my resolutions and of course, you can come up with the natural list - lose more weight, put more money into a retirement fund, save the world, etc. I have had that same list of resolutions forever. And I have failed miserably. I am an all or nothing kind of girl. I cannot be ok to create small realistic milestones to achieve, that is until now. I am resolving to gain a consistency in my life. I am going to live one day at a time and strive to eat and eat well, exercise, and not kill myself to get things done. I will work hard at putting together a schedule and adhering to that schedule as well as allowing time for unexpected happenings. I resolve to treat myself fairly and with kindness and recognize the fact that I am one person that cannot do the join of more than one person. I will pick my battles with myself, my husband, and my "Little" and attempt to release the need for the control that I feel I must maintain. I will love those that I love and not apologize for it. I will remain neutral towards toxic relationships and not allow myself to get charged. I will memorize, recite, and live the Serenity prayer and learn to recognize the things I cannot control. I am so looking forward to 2008 and all the happiness, lessons, and life the year offers me.

Best Wishes to you and yours. I hope you find all that you are looking for and remain safe and healthy.

No comments: