Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August is the month for Angels

On August 25, 1990 I gave birth to a baby girl. A month later, I turned 18. A month after that, I buried my daughter who died at 2 months and 4 days old from a rare disorder that attacked her intestines. There is nothing as devastating as burying a child. I remember this as I discover that the beautiful little girl who died in Grand Junction over the weekend was the daughter of someone I knew before my life was permanently altered. I cannot remember what anyone said to me while I mourned and I cannot imagine what anyone could say to someone during such a devestating time in their lives. All I can say is that my heart breaks for the family. That I hope they find peace and comfort in something that provides some sort of solace.

No comments: