Sunday, October 14, 2007

Be Real

So each Fall, I lock on to a couple of new shows if I am in a position to replace things that have gone off the air (read Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip). I never actually get to watch tv, but instead have an intimate relationship with my DVR. Right now, Hot Shots is on my list of shows that has not necessarily made it permanently, but damn it is funny from time to time. I just finished watching the episode from last week and at one point I turned to my husband and asked, "Seriously, what is wrong with your people?". The gist is that one of the characters (Michael Vartan) is getting divorced after discovering that his wife was having an affair with his boss, which he discovers at his boss's funeral. The guys give him a re-bachelor party, which by the way, is a good idea for any divorce situation. Gets that rebound "relationship" out of the way! But this whole event sparks a discussion amongst the men about when women became so aggressive. The answer came from a woman in the office who said, "If we are barefoot, pregnant, and at home, you get bored with us. If we reside in the corporate world, we intimidate you." I thought this was profound given what I have been through from my own divorce to present day.

The other moment that stuck with me was when the men were in the steam room. They were talking about relationships and how much they loved/missed their women. Duncan was sharing his feelings for his ex-wife with whom he is sleeping with, but not confiding in. The guys tell him to share his feelings with her instead of them. The fourth guys says "Quick talk about baseball before they throw us out of the Men's steam room." So with this, I am back to my plead of saying what you have to say! I know I have been through this rant before, but the game of cat and mouse is just frustrating and boring. It screams insecure male, which the new age woman sniffs out in an instant. It is true of friends, lovers, employers, take your pick. You are neither clever nor stealth. Be real....forever real

Ok, baseball is on -gotta get a beer and watch the game!

No comments: