Monday, December 31, 2007

Letters to 2007 & 2008

Dear Old Man 2007,

I wish I could say that I am sorry to see you leave, but instead, I am offering to pack your bags, call you a cab, and shut the door the minute you have stepped foot out of my house. You have been a rude, unattractive, stressful house guest and one that I hope not to see for a long time to come. Your year has been chocked full of stress, strain, lack of focus, and bad decisions. It has been a time of back steps and back slides rather than moving forward and ahead. You have seen the worst in me and very little of the optimism, love, laughter, and drive that I am so capable of. We were not meant to be together and so finally, with all the excitement I can muster, I am moving on.

Dear Baby New Year,

I feel like I have been waiting on you for the full 12 months of 2007. You bring so much change and new beginnings to my life. We come together with a new job in a new industry, there will be a new house, and there is a new & wonderful relationship in my marriage, my daughter will go to kindergarten and my son to college. There will be difficulties and sadness, but I am hopeful that there will be progress and consistency. I am looking forward to all that you offer to my life.

Here's to you kid,

CScott

I am working on resolutions, but in the meantime, read Jennifer Lancaster's entry about hers - it is hilarious (www.jennsylvania.com)
I read Jocelyn's blog this morning as well. If you do not read her, you should! (www.ilovepauljack.com)

See you on the flip side!

No comments: