Monday, August 24, 2009

Little Goes to School




So, G and Little talked me into public school and today is the first day. I am so bi-polar on this one because as proud and excited I am for Little, I am equally anxious, nervous, hesitant. I had a melt down last night after getting her backpack ready with extra pontail holders, emergency band-aids, and her water bottle. G commented that the bag was bigger than she was and that was all it took to reduce me to tears. We took Little to school and walked her to class and without a single tear, I left her. Now, keep in mind that her new teacher is the same woman she had for Pre-school at her old school. I sat in the Starbucks closest to her school and did my own homework and had lunch with a friend. I spent the remainder of my afternoon in my car in the school parking lot and hiding behind a tree so that I could watch the procedure for getting her to the after-school program. My Little had a fabulous 1st day!!

No comments: