Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Moving On

So I have moved from the office I have shared with the two other supervisors for a year into my own private office in the adjacent building. I packed up my desk and left the building I have worked in for more than 20 months. The people I have seen every day, I will only see when I venture into the hospital. The team I built will get only a portion of my attention and once my position is back-filled, even less. I am moving forward and yet, I am drawn to the comfort of the past. My office is gray and drab and quiet. I have not yet made it my own and it is hot.

In addition to this emotional departure, I had to make a very hard decision this morning. One that I have not had to make in my tenure as a supervisor. I startled my staff and myself as well.

No comments: