Thursday, March 25, 2010

Our Degree Arrived

So, I drove up to my house tonight and noticed a yellow envelope propped up on my front door. I racked my brain trying to figure out what I had ordered and wondering if G had left town, forgetting to let me know that he was expecting something. Imagine my surprise when I saw the envelope was from my Alma mater. Upon accessing the contents, I quickly realized that it was my college diploma. Elated, I immediately took pictures of the beautiful document and send them off to G via text. It is bitter-sweet in that I have to send pictures to my love of the degree I finally completed and he was such an integral part of my success. This degree is ours. I acknowledge that I did the work, but he gave me the space, support, patience, and confidence to do so. It is our degree and it will bring us even better things. Thank you baby!

No comments: