Sunday, May 4, 2008

I LOVE MAY!

Oh I am in love with May. Not because of Mother's Day or Memorial Day, or Cinco de Mayo, or even the beautiful May Day. No, May brings Jen Lancaster's (www.jennsylvania.com) new book; Such a Pretty Fat. I have waited for this for many months and if you are reading my blog regularly, you will remember that Bitter is the New Black and Bright Lights, Big Ass had me snorting, rolling off the couch, and chasing all things in my house away. Seriously, any woman married to a man that calls her an "ass hat" while bent over the freezer case of a designer grocery store wretched in pain from their own version of slugbug is my new best friend - even if only from a distance! This is a must read.

Reason #2 for my May celebration is the release of the SEX IN THE CITY movie!!!!!! How could you not be on the edge of your seat waiting for the return of Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha. Then there are the MEN of the City: Big - what can you say about him that has not been said? Smith makes the elastic in my panties melt - and he is on the cover of Men's health this month for goodness sake. It is all I can do when in my gym to not lick their edition. Call me strange, but I think Harry has something that makes him desirable as well. Just not naked on the white couch! Steve is sweet and cute, but not my type - and yes, there is such thing as not my type - BITCHES! 135 minutes of fabulous and I only have 25 days to wait.

In case you are wondering, I have talked my friends into seeing the film at the first showing on that Friday. Is 10:45 too early for pomegranate martinis smuggled into the local theatre?

No comments: