Saturday, May 31, 2008

And May I Announce.....

This has been the most exciting week for me. First, my promotion was announced and I am now a supervisor. How is that for my first 120 days? Next I passed the exam and received my CHAA certification from NAHAM. I am the first CHAA within my organization. My Little had her Pre-K graduation ceremony, almost a week after my oldest step-son graduated high school. My week was topped of with the Sex and the City movie, which of course I saw on opening days. I also found out that Jen Lancaster is coming to town to promote her new book: Such A Pretty Fat. She wrote on her blog that she has started her fourth book. Yea!

So what is next for me you might ask? Well, let me tell you....
The next promotion for me would be Manager, so I am reading all the requirements for that. I want to finish my degree and I am pretty sure that is one of the requirements. I believe that you should work/dress for the position you want and not the position you have.

The next certification for NAHAM is the CHAM, which I cannot take until the Fall. (I think).

I have kids starting kindergarten, junior year of high school, and college in August.

Did I mention Jen Lancaster?

While Sex & the City was everything I had hoped, it is bitter sweet in that it is totally and truly over. Just like that Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda will carry on their lives without us. The men were totally the men I wanted/needed them to be. But truly, this deserves its very own entry.

No comments: