Saturday, August 9, 2008

Walking Into the Tunnel

My desperation has subsided and though I am worried about our move next weekend, it is only because we have such a tight deadline in which to move the monstrosity that is our possessions. There is such a cleansing that takes place in throwing out things that you never knew existed in the 5+ years we have lived in this house. There are things that G and I have been toting around with us for most of our lives that are so unnecessary and part of an unhealthy past - AND so we have tossed them out. We even made a game out of it, bringing in the largest of our two garbage cans and throwing the contents of our linen closet from the second story down into the trash. Our Little has no game and only hit every other throw into her destined spot. As I sit here tonight, with sore back, I really believe that we will be alright. This too shall pass and in the grand scheme of things, I have survived more.

No comments: