Friday, August 1, 2008

Religion: The Rule & The Exception

Ok, so I said I would not waste my time with people who I do not respect, but I want to make a few things clear being as we are headed towards interesting times here in Denver.

So there is a woman at work ( and I use the phrase woman loosely) who is overtly religious, whether it offend anyone or not. She is married to a minister and leaves her books on the desk she shares with others. She takes her vacation time to travel to religious conferences and touts herself as a leader within the righteous community. And all of this makes me laugh out loud.

For all the Bible thumping and glory seeking this women does, she lies, stabs people in the back, cannot make it to work on time, brings her child into the facility while she is working, then leaves her station when the childcare provider arrives to get junior, and breaks P&P by using her cell phone and desk phone to carry on conversation after conversation with her husband, her father, and people within her church for non hospital business.

I would like to say that she is just one bad seed in the apple of religious followers, but alas I can not. My ex-husband and his family are also among those that talk the talk, but do not walk the walk, but alas they are not the end of the list.

So this begs the question, when it comes down to the religious is Warren Jeffs the rule rather than the exception and if so, does that further divide the religious from the spiritual?

No comments: