Friday, December 14, 2007

You have two ears and one mouth

Ok, this is what I have to say about interviewing: Talking about myself makes me feel arrogant and obnoxious. Like I get that it is my mission to make myself stand out from other potential candidates, but I am not a big ego type. What makes me such a great sales person is that I like to listen to others. If you shut your mouth long enough, people will tell you what they need, what their concerns are, and why they are talking to you in the first place. It is hard to hear all of that if you are constantly talking at people. I always get the question, "are you self-confident and assertive". Yes, I am both - especially when it comes to business. What I am not is an over-bearing, demanding ego-maniac. The best question I had was "What do you think is worth standing up and fighting for?" WOW - bravo to whomever came up with that one. My answer: Freedom, Human Rights, and the Safety of Children. I tell my husband often that in any other country, I would have been stoned to death long ago! God Bless America!

P.S. God Bless Jocelyn for admitting that she too watches Run's House. So maybe I am just the right kind of crazy!

No comments: