Sunday, November 11, 2007

Decision Made!

I HAVE MADE A DECISION. It is not a clear cut "what I am going to do is", but rather a "this is what I am not going to do" decision. Regardless, I have made a decision. I am leaving the corporate world and trying my best to get back into health care. This decision included turning down a wonderful organization and what will be a similar conversation with, what would have been, my dream job up until I was given the option to make this choice. In these cases, the pay would be more than double what I will make going back into a hospital and the perks - oh I cannot even talk about the perks I am walking away from. But at the end of the day, I was not happy. A lot of that stems from the fact that I have worked for self-serving, insecure people for the past three years. Secondarily, the work is just not that interesting to me anymore.

Ok, but this is as far as I have gotten, except to say that I am targeting one hospital in particular with high hopes. I cannot imagine what was going through the recruiter's mind when I told him that I would take any job that they would consider me for. I will have to go through some certifications again as 1) Colorado does not recognize any training outside the state and 2) certificates expire within 24 months if they are not used and signed off on annually. Lucky me!

Ok, so this is as far as I have gotten. Now, I stalk the hospital and wait~Wish me Luck......

No comments: