Monday, July 23, 2007

But it is a Happy Monday!



The thing about coming to terms with the past is that it is exhausting and that must be true for the reader as well although I am receiving a lot of feedback, for which I am grateful. I have a poster on the wall at work that says "I Believe...That it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself." I have more forgiving to do. I have more purging to do, but not today. Because despite the fact that it is Monday, today I am happy. I overslept, I sang with my daughter, I made it to work, and I have nothing but meetings today.




So I had a great weekend, I mean I did spend some time working on my two previous blogs, but otherwise I had a great weekend. Chloe had ballet on Saturday morning, during which time, I worked on my 65 Days post (thank God for Windows mobile on smart phone devices - seriously!). We ran off to my husband's company party, which was held at an amusement park. My darling daughter rode the ferris wheel, the carousel, a real horse, the Safari ride that went up in the air, and a thing that spun her around and when up and down. Now Mommy's feet were planted firmly on the ground as Mommy is afraid of heights. Yesterday, we went to see Shrek The Third, which she has been asking to see since they started running the commercials. My daughter has loved the movie theatre experience since about the age of 2 1/2 and so she was mesmerized by the screen. So much so, that when the little boy behind us threw up all over our chairs, she had no idea why I was picking her up to move.
I tell my daughter every day that she is my best stuff and I truly mean that. She is a gift and encompasses all of my good qualities. It is easier for me to admire these qualities in her than to think that I actually possess them and good for me. My daughter is strong and proud, she is caring and loving, but strong and steadfast in her convictions. She is a leader and a perfectionist, but compromising in certain situations in which she must work as part of a team. I am very proud of her and so thankful I have been able to afford the school she is in. My job this week is to see more of her in me and feel this kind of pride and love about myself. My secondary task is to complete my list - especially since my book club dinner is tomorrow night.
Coming Up....Two weeks until the Tri for The Cure (who made me sign up for this??)






No comments: