Friday, July 27, 2007

A Letter To My Little



I am going to a baby shower tonight for one of the executives in our office. It is really the first baby shower I have been to since I had my "Little". She is also having a girl and it has brought out a sentimentality that rivals any sentimentality that I have had about my daughter thus far.




I went to Babies R Us and realized how fast she became 3 years old - an No, it was not within three year, it just could not have been. Now I am looking at the baby shower card that I am about to sign and it reads:




Having a daughter means loving more than you knew you could love.


It means giving more than you knew you could give.


It means receiving so much more in return.


Having a daughter means knowing that whatever else you did or didn't do,


you gave the world something beautiful.




There are so many things I want to say to my daughter, though she will not understand for years to come. She is the best gift I have ever received. She is my greatest accomplishment.


She is the best of me and non of the worse of me. My letter to her would look like this:




Dear Baby Girl,




The moment I laid my eyes on you the world stopped for a matter of seconds. Once I brought you home time sped up and got away from me. Before I knew it you were rolling, crawling, walking, running. Together we grow and I am learning all the things my parents never taught me, including patience and tolerance, laughter and silliness, and most of all, unconditional love. Darling, please be patient with me as I try to be the most genuine mother to you and though I cannot be your friend until I have done my job as your parent, know that I am looking forward to the evolution of our relationship. You are my brightest sunshine and most brilliant rainbow. You inspire me, educate me, and make me reach deep within myself for success. I am proud of you everyday and hope that together we grow into strong, confident, self-assured, healthy women that rise and set with true happiness in our hearts.




With Love From Your Mother.

No comments: