Monday, July 30, 2007

Intuition and Skid Row

There are two books I read everyday because they are date affiliated. One of them being "More Language of Letting Go - 366 New Daily Meditations" by Melody Beattie. July's theme is Learn To Say How It Feels. The meditation for July 28th is Turn the Switch On focusing on intuition. This is a timely subject as I am in my head right now about making good decisions. When was the last time I made a good decision rather than just a decision and can I trust myself to make a good decision? So I am caught up in the fact that there is something wrong with me and the way I react, think, walk through life unconscious, etc. Here is the insightful little tid bit thrust at me on July 28th:
Many of us have turned off our intuition switch, our sense of knowing the truth. We may have turned it off when we were children, because our parents lied to us. Or we may have turned the switch off later on in life to be in relationship to people who were lying to themselves and us. Our inner voice, our sense of knowing the truth, had to be turned off in order for us to remain in the situation.
My answer is Yes & Yes and there are many examples of how I lost it, so now how do I find it. The exercise from my book requires me to meditate and see myself in a closet turning my intuition switch on. Um, no. Let's think about a better way to garner the same results. As for now, I do not have an answer, but I am looking for one.

Embarrassingly enough - when I work around the house I listen to - wait for it - Arena Rock! So I heard the song "I remember you" by Skid Row. So the long hair was a bit much, the make-up a tad frightening, and we will not even go to the place that allows grown men to maneuver their package into spandex. But I must say, these hair band guys were romantic and dramatic and they play right into the fantasy land that at times I live in. Here are the lyrics:

Woke up to the sound of pouring rain
The wind would whisper and Id think of you
And all the tears you cried, that called my name
And when you needed me I came through
I paint a picture of the days gone by
When love went blind and you would make me see
Id stare a lifetime into your eyes
So that I knew you were there for me
Time after time you were there for me

Chorus: Remember yesterday - walking hand in hand
Love letters in the sand - I remember you
Through the sleepless nights and every endless day
Id wanna hear you say - I remember you

We spend the summer with the top rolled down
Wished ever after would be like this
You said I love you babe, without a sound
I said Id give my life for just one kiss
Id live for your smile and die for your kiss

We've had our share of hard times
But that's the price we paid
And through it all we kept the promise that we made
I swear you'll never be lonely
Woke up to the sound of pouring rain
Washed away a dream of you
But nothing else could ever take you away cause you'll always be my dream come true
Oh my darling, I love you

And I cannot get my mind off of the person I associate this song (and a couple more) with. Does anyone else have this problem? Or am I on my own Planet Crazy?

1 comment:

DJoy said...

Hi! I am also a Colo Gal of sorts (Lakewood flavor) and found your page thru a recommended reading link of Jocelyns. Hence, I'm not a stalker I'm just...obediant. Ha!

Anyhoo, wanted to say that HECK yes I am like that, and song lyrics aren't just the tip of my iceberg, they are my iceberg.

And while Sebastian Bach DOES come across as "high RPM, low IQ" sometimes, this song has always come across as heartfelt and I love it to this day.

Deanna