Sunday, September 9, 2007

A Good Day To Be A Colorado Fan!

This has been the best Sunday I have had in months. The weather was cool, football is back, and I am still watching baseball too! My friend Jocelyn (www.ilovepauljack.com) gets very busy around football season and it is directly related to football season, although I really cannot figure out what she does-though I can say without a doubt she is brilliant at it. But I love football as nothing but a spectator. A very loud insane woman that yells at the TV and calls plays with the best of them. So let's get down to the highlights:

Jason Elam won the game for Denver today!
This is the long and the short of it, though the game was exciting. I cannot say that Jay Cutler is any better than Jake Plummer. I am not sure where it came to pass that Shanahan thought that this kid would take him to the Superbowl. Not to mention the lack of class Shanahan displayed in dealing with Plummer, but I think I have ranted and raved about that in postings past. Henry was decent, but he should still pay child support as the Baby Daddy to nine children with nine different women. Veteran Tom Nalen made some strong and supportive plays as did John Lynch, who you can always count on. Champ Bailey oozes professionalism and drive out of his beautiful pores and made an appearance on the special teams - making the play for them as well. Still, we cannot return a punt to save our lives and the return team actually looked like they were moving in slow motion - an effect that obviously was carried over from last season. Cutler's saving grace is that he can actually run and is a big guy that can knock over some of the lighter defensive tackles. He got lucky today, but will not be so fortunate if he cannot slow his hummingbird heart down and play the game.
In other sports news, the Rockies won! I did not get to watch the whole game as I was very busy with the Orange Crush, but Fogg seemed to have pitched a decent game. I saw Helton on third base, which is a good sign, and the Rocks held steady. Matt Holliday is a stud and won the Roberto Clement award. He is from Oklahoma, so he has to be good people. I have seen a few interviews with him and I would say that the kid had a good head on his shoulders. If the management is smart enough to keep this team in tact, they will have World Series rings before too long.

No comments: