Friday, September 7, 2007

Long Short Week

I have no blogged all week and, even now, cannot promise great things. This has been the longest short week I can remember in a long time.

So I had the best long weekend, including celebrating the birthday of Kenneth James Haynes. We usually host a Labor Day weekend party to celebrate Ken's birth, but we have our house on the market this year. In generous fashion, Krista and Gabor held a party and I met a really nice couple that I ended up talking to for most of the night. He is a triathlete and she is a gluten free kind of girl. Monday, G and I had a nice quiet breakfast out and went to see The Bourne Ultimatum as "Little" spent the night at the grandparent's house. Ok, so let me get into Jason Bourne. I never thought of Matt Damon as 1) a sexy man, 2) an action hero who could ride in on his white horse and save me, or 3) a MacGuyver type. The elastic in my panties burst into flames! Jason Bourne is ass-kicking, take no prisoners, get done what needs to be done and decisively. I wish there had been some romance with Nicki as I love Julia Stiles and I desperately hope that this is not the end of this story!

I did manage to have a minor breakdown Monday afternoon. My mother is concerned about the boy who lives next door, who she thinks is a threat. I have told her that her a product of his mother, who is a good friend to my mother. We talk about parenting. She acknowledges nothing of her parenting skills or lack there of. She acknowledges nothing of her absentee lifestyle when it comes to my brother and I. She actually told my husband, with a straight face, that I used to call her when I had problems. I was feeling invalidated and confused and hurt and angry. G talked me through it and I am better today, but man, selective memory must be a great thing!

No comments: