Friday, September 19, 2008

Climbing That Ladder

So, let's recap - Hired in January, start date of January 28th, promoted to a Lead position instantly, get my first STAR award, promoted to Supervisor in May-just at my 90 days. What's next you may ask? Well, there is a next, let me tell you.

Our organization is run according to the LEAN philosophy and conduct RIEs (Rapid Improvement Events) in which the Team Lead is generally a Black Belt. No this is not martial arts and yes, I am tired of that joke already. It is an honor to be a Black Belt within my organization and out of the 5000 employees on staff, 107 are Black Belts. My boss waited for three years to be asked to join a class and after nine years of being a Director, she has been a Black Belt for a little over a year now.

Well, guess who has celebrated her 7th month by being a part of the Fall 2008 class? ME ME ME! I am so excited and honored and tired! The class started on Thursday and is 6 days of intensive training that includes power points, hands-on, and walks through the hospital. There are 25 of us and I just know that the CEO was speaking to me during her introduction to the program. I am honored, amazed, and loving every minute of it. We are doe until the middle of October and then will finish at the end of October. We must participate in two RIE's a year and turn in a LEAN project report to the CEO every month. Did I mention the honor?

No comments: