Sunday, September 21, 2008

Count Down to 36

I turn 36 next week, Thursday in fact, and I have been looking at the list and the things I have not yet accomplished. Oh Bother!

I start school this Fall, though I have not made solid decisions about going clinic, staying administrative, though I know that I will make a career where I am currently, if they will have me. I cannot bring myself to visit Mackenzie's grave, but my Little spends a lot of time talking about her - she found some of Mackenzie's baby pictures in our basement awhile back. I cannot or have not spent a day without my cell phone and with everything going on, I have neither vacationed, nor taken a dive trip in a year. I am hoping that all of the changes we made this year will provide a life that will allow at least weekend trips to Cozumel and I would really like to go to Belize. My weight is a sore subject and I want to be disappointed in myself, but that would create more guilt and self-loathing, which I do not need. There is a lot to celebrate, though I have not drank champagne to celebrate it. I am too disappointed in the Broncos to spend hard earned cash going to a game and besides, I have an HD Big Screen and no lines for beer or the potty!

So it will be time to make a new list. I think my new list will be shorter and will include things that will make me better and not just things that I think will make me happy. I welcome suggestions, but running will be on that list for though I could not go a mile without dying today, give me some time cause I am a runner!

No comments: