Friday, February 6, 2009

Disappoinment or Re-Direction?

So I thought that I was better and yet, here I was up at 3am again. So I stayed home to get some rest, drink lots of fluids, and sit in the dark wondering if this headache would become yet another migraine. Obviously, I am feeling better in that I am on the computer. You do not realize what a gift being upright is until you cannot do it on demand.

So I found out today that I am not going to get the job that I had interviewed for because I do not yet have my degree. The basic message I received is that I am held in high regard within the organization and my work has not gone unnoticed and that I should let it be known once I have completed my degree. So now I have a decision at hand, do I take the natural course to completing my degree or do I step it up. There is also the possibility of another opportunity, but this one would be a lateral move with a clear cut career path. I asked someone I admire this week if he strategically moved or worked hard and allowed opportunity to open. Both was the response and so I am attempting to find strategy and keep an open mind for opportunity. So has fate tapped me on the shoulder in an attempt to open my eyes and urge my strategy forward? Or do I stay put knowing that the winds of change are inevitable? This is when I desperately need a mentor.

No comments: