Monday, February 2, 2009

Excuse Me, Which Way To The Fat Section?

So I went to the gym. I went to the locker room and changed clothes surrounded by beautiful thin giggly women. I was sure that I missed the sign that said Chubbs To The Back. Out the door and ready to sweat, I am horrified that there are stairs that must be climbed to get to the gym. WTF? I have to climb stairs before I work out? Seriously. Just for the record, there were 15 before the landing and 12 after, and I made it up them in tact. So I made my way to the treadmills, which were next to the elliptical, bikes, stairs, etc. I got onto the treadmill, turned on my music, and started walking. All of a sudden it occurred to me, I was in the wrong place. I looked to the left, I looked to the right, in front and in back - I was surrounded by beautiful, hot, buffed bodies. Oh No, this is just not right. I strained my neck around trying to find the sign that said Fat Section. Nothing. No sign. As I kept walking, I started to giggle. Maybe I satisfied some quota for Bally's, I Am The Token Chubb!

PS My husband says there is a good possibility I am PMSing.
PSS I walked 1.5 miles in 32 minutes. At this rate, I will get no where fast.
PSSS SGriff, I am in no mood for any reminders about being nice to myself during this process - Even you have to admit I wrecked all the hard work that got me to that damn half-marathon. It is ALL gone!!!!

1 comment:

sllygrl said...

Well deal with it! Who cares about all the skinny girls, they are puking and taking horse tranquilizers and probably have really bad breath from their bulimia and are with men that suck. You're beautiful and you did 1.5 miles in the same amount of time I did the last two at the marathon!!! That is awesome! It's a vague silver lining, but its a silver lining so shush, you are a beautiful woman - let that person show, rather than punish her for any misdeeds she may have done to you in the past!