Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Not My First, Not My Last

It is weird how my mind set has changed in less than two weeks. I was actually worried that because I did not eat enough, get enough sleep, and was feeling stressed today, I would see a weight gain rather than a weight loss at my weigh in this afternoon. In fact, all the way there, I drove the speed limit - which is slow for me, practiced breathing, and tuned my radio to calming music rather than rock. I am still not flush for the day in that I should eat one more fruit, one more fat, and three more veggies before I call it a day, but I am not hungry and just will not do it for the sake of doing it. I will just do better tomorrow.

Today was a better day for me professionally in that I had to make some significant apologies to a C-level executive, who was incredibly gracious and unruffled by my mistake. I had a great plan that ultimately I executed poorly during the time in which I was going through my sugar detox. The lesson I learned was invaluable and worth it from a big picture perspective. I received some incredible support, advice, and mentoring from two sources I never thought I would and I am grateful to those sources when they come to me like that.

No comments: