Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Sugar Detox

So, I have not been feeling well, as I have posted a time or two and it has gotten worse. It was time for my annual physical so I went ahead and scheduled an appointment, which was this past Monday. My conversation with my physician was a wake up call and there could be some real medical issues surrounding how I am feeling. So the first step was to eliminate sugar from my body, which took the form of a 3 day cleanse eating only lean protein, raw green vegetables, an orange, vitamins, and 80 ounces of water. So true to form, I just kind of stopped eating this week and have just felt awful. So I have a meal plan for the next 54 weeks and it is strict. I have a exercise plan for the next 54 weeks and it is strict. I feel like even if the blood tests come back ok, this is a real real thing and I will not take any more chances. Now I am getting a migraine a week and they are getting worse - so I will be going on medication for that in two weeks.

So, I am sick and hungry and tired and detoxing and my poor husband has been such a Prince. I am sick of myself this week and so the very fact that he calls me his Beautiful Wife, rubs my feet, and is so sweet to me tells me he loves me unconditionally. Amazing!

So the other bit of news is that my doctor thinks I should give up running and find a new outlet. Just typing that sentence has made me sad enough to cry. I just cannot think about not ever running again and so I won't.

1 comment:

sllygrl said...

While I am never one to question a doctor (well actually I am, who are we kidding) I think if it works for you, in whatever context, then continue to do it. Perhaps for awhile until you feel better walking can still get you to where you need to be. Maybe a heart rate monitor? Watch your heart rate and keep it at 180-age, that's aerobic and at that point all you are burning is fat. If you concentrate on that range, it will help get you to where you could jog eventually and do it well... I miss you lady, I hope you feel better soon.