Friday, April 10, 2009

A Rocking Day

Welcome Back Boys of Summer! And what a welcome it was for our own Colorado Rockies. Ah, I love baseball and one day, one day I will have a seat at Opening Day. Not that I have ever tried to get tickets for Opening Day, but one day soon, I will have the inkling to want to sit for that first game and watch my Rockies start off their season. Interestingly enough, most of the men I have loved in my life have played baseball - in fact, there are only two exceptions. More than any other sport, I love to be there. This year, no beer, no hot dogs, no peanuts - but no matter. It's all about the game.

In other news, Little was a pill today. Not sure what her deal was, except that someone must have paid her off to make me crazy. She never acts like this, so when she does, it is just overly painful and frustrating. I planned a day of breakfast, a walk, Starbucks, and the library. Ok, so all of that happened, but not smoothly. Breakfast was fine. Then I had the audacity to ask the child to pick up her room while I got dressed for our walk. Didn't happen, but there were tears. The walk consisted of her riding her bike and stopping every time she thought she was going to fast and then struggling to start again. Ok, off to Starbucks, where hot chocolate was not enough, she wanted to argue about having a cookie and threw a little fit. I should have taken the clue and whisked her home, but no, off to the Library where she refused to look at books, refused to sit down and read the books I got, and threw a rather loud fit all the way to the car. At home, she got lunch and a nap - which of course, she did not take, singing in her bed for an hour and a half instead. So, in the end, you win some and you lose some.

No comments: