Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Letter To Circa Joan & David

Dear Circa Joan & David,

I do not love your shoes, I have a long term intimate relationship with your shoes. Nothing makes me happier than the sun yellow box, shoe bag, and the smell of genuine leather in the morning. The fact that I have 8 boxes and several pair without the safety of box should tell you that this is true genuine love. All of that being said, I am fairly disappointed that I cannot find replacements for my very favorite pair. The size 9 Gigi leather heel. The toe is pointy, the buckle subtle, the insole cushiony, and the heel is kitten. I own navy, which after several years of wearing, are starting to fade. I am desperate to replace them, although I have a pair of navy slingbacks, red slingbacks, teal slingbacks, black pumps, black mules, brown pumps (Circa Joan & David, of course.) I want Gigi's in chocolate brown and navy and black and red. I WANT THEM!

I know there are trends to shoes and wedges will come and go (OH PLEASE GO), but some things should remain classic and available. Gigi's are timeless, they are my zen. I walk endlessly and feel no pain in my Gigi's. They give my feet a big hug and tell me that no matter how busy I get, I can go on.

I have Googled and found not one pair out there. It has come time for me to beg~ Oh Please Circa Joan & David, have mercy on my feet. I can buy other shoes, different styles, but please, please don't make me do it. Help me J&D, you're my only hope!

~Your Biggest Fan

No comments: