Monday, July 28, 2008

My house is empty and I am not out of words yet

I am antsy and in a mood. I spent the weekend thinking that if something happened to G, I would be solid as a single parent. I still think that is true, but I feel a tad lost without having the opportunity to talk to him about all the things that are going on in my life. Since he has been gone, a multitude of events have taken place both at home and at work. I have my best friend to chat with and am so fortunate that she works in the same hospital, has an office I can hide in for 5-10 minutes when I am really losing my mind, and gives me responses much like G would. How scary is it that my best friend and my husband are more compatible than the actual married couple?

So moving right along, you would think that in the year 2008, with two technically savvy people, we could touch base once in the 5 days he is gone, right? Oh no, G has turned his phone off. I know this because every time (4-5 times) I have called his phone, it goes straight to voice mail. At this point in my story, we could go back to the place where I once stated that I want to come back as a well married man who does not consider his responsibilities to his family because he has a solid, independent wife, or I could just smile and remember that we celebrated 5 years of marriage on Friday - Apart!

No comments: