Friday, July 4, 2008

The Perfect Dinner

Ken is going to the west coast for three weeks to work with his brother. We always hate it when he goes away, as this has become a frequent occurrence, especially with the economy the way it is in Denver. The triplets suffer without one another and get pissy when one or the other is away. So, K and Gubby had us over for dinner - you would think that since they had a bar b que the night before, we could have left overs, right? Oh hell no, they made an entirely new meal! I love them!

Anyhow, we had a great evening and I, of course, brought up the comments made by the German loving American the night before. They were also shocked by her behavior being she was the spouse of the Brit - with whom Gubby works, did not know her, and spoke of her not knowing the audience around her. Some of the guests brought their parents, who were at least 65-70 and probably very patriotic people, as am I. So I was thrilled that Gubby and K were also offended. G and I go to these dinner parties at their house frequently and there is always one asshole in the bunch that either Gubby or K is willing to defend. This time the asshole quotient was unanimous.

It has taken me a while, but I am really loving K and traveling with them has opened my eyes to how difficult and controlling Gubby can be. Because I have loved him for a decade, I established myself in the camp that he was perfect and could be taken advantage of. You really should see us fight for power during a trip abroad - yes, I gave up and let him be Julie, Cruise Director!

Ken is also a great love of my life and I am extremely critical about the women he brings around. I have been accused of being jealous and not wanting him to be with anyone because I cannot have him and this always amuses me. The truth is, I can tell within the first minute or so of meeting Girl Du jour as to whether or not she will have longevity. Seriously, let's consider I have ten years of experience, I know my man, and I know if it is there with him or not. I genuinely want him to settle down with the "right" woman, have kids if they so choose, and live happily ever after. I have never, not in one day, wanted Ken in a sexual way. What I did not mention in my last blog was that I met Ken first, then G, then Gubby, but all in the same week. Regardless, Ken makes it clear that I am the one that Miss This Week has to get past - which is funny since I know he has already made the decision. There have been two that I can remember, that I have talked him out of, but really, we are in sync.(There was one I tried to talk Gubby out of and at the end of the day, I was right) Ken, I love you and wish you a safe trip back to Cali. Come home to us soon!

No comments: