Monday, July 21, 2008

What Team Does It Make Sense To Play For?

My friend is text messaging me tonight - yes we do that at my age! Her husband works out of town and was supposed to come home for a "date night" at the Rockies game and then they are heading off on vacation at the end of the week. Well, so they had an argument and he stood her up - well, ok he told her was not coming home for the game and went on to say he was not going on va-ca either, but we always really hope you will surprise us by not being the ass that we think/know you are! So she is asking me, what if he really decides to not join them on their trip and I asked - being that we both have kids - well, are there consequences to his behavior.

I feel ok asking this because 1) he is acting like a child, 2) neither one of us are the type that rule our men through the rings in their noses, and 3) all the books say you have to teach people how to treat you and really, who does he think he is acting like this.

A little back story about this particular friend of mine is that she is blonde, has a great rack, is beautiful, intelligent, witty, drinks hard liquor, is as unfiltered as I am, and brings home the bacon. So really, I ask again, WTF is Paul Bunyan thinking?

Ok men, I have teed this bad boy up to you - bring it home, If You Dare!

No comments: