Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008

The rarity of this kind of Christmas will come to an end in the coming years and so I want to savor this. My Little came into our room this morning and crawled into bed. I cuddled her and covered her and warmed the little feet she put on my legs. I quietly whispered in her ear asking her if she thought Santa had come to our house last night. In her sleepiness, she had completely forgotten that it was Christmas morning. She had slept until a little after 7am. She put on her slippers and patiently waited for us to get out of the bed and warmly dressed. My daughter went to the tree and jumped up and down clapping at her Barbie Dream House and Tinker Bell Fairy Land and hoards of other gifts. She was orderly and put her wrapping paper in the trash bag. She was excited to see her older brothers who hugged and kissed her when they arrived from their Mother's house. Her Uncle Ken joined us for the breakfast feast I made for them.

People ask me every year if I got what I wanted for Christmas...Every year I smile and say yes. Little do they know that I got everything I wanted the minute she came into my life and I will get what I want every year so long as she is happy and healthy. My Little is the best thing G has ever given me!

2 comments:

sllygrl said...

happy holidays my sweet friend. you sound a bit melancholy in your posts the past few entries, is everything ok? I hope everything is going well for you... I hope you have a good new year as well. say hello to G and Little...

COLOgal said...

Happy Holidays to you as well. I think I was a little melancholy and pensive. I was ready to get away from work and yet, you know how I get about going on vacation. I am also a bit disappointed in myself in that another year has come and gone and I am still not a runner by our own definitions.