Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Gift From the Museum

So today we went off to the museum to see the Dinosaur exhibit that is closing next week. This time at home with my family has really made me think about the way I am doing my life and the things my daughter and I are missing out on. The way I do my life is 100 miles an hour during the week and then at a full stop on the weekends. In fact, there are weekends in which I will not step foot outside. I think I have been suffering from some depression that I am slowly but surely washing away and I think a lack of exercise is playing into my fatigue. I have been renewed as a mother having this time with my Little and have been reconsidering the things that I once thought were so important to me. My favorite part of vacation is that my Little will crawl into bed with me in the mornings and snuggle for a bit before we get up and start our day. I am really going to miss that when I go back to work. Going on day trips has really brought us to life and given us the opportunity to talk in the car and see new sights and enjoy new experiences. I don't think I need to plan my life out every weekend, but I think I am doing us a great dis-service by not taking advantage of all Colorado has to offer if I do not plan more for us to do on the weekends.

No comments: