Monday, December 22, 2008

Vacation is not a four letter word.

So the reality is starting to set in - I have one more day of work and then I am on holiday. When I say that, I mean that I will not step foot in the hospital until January 5th. There are a multitude of problems with this plan. First off, I have not taken this much time off since 1999 and I did not enjoy it the last time I did. Secondarily, I have my email connected to my smartphone, so what do I do with that - especially since I am addicted to my email. Thirdly, we just opened a new facility and are still trying to adjust to that and all that entails. And finally, I am the go to person in our department in that we have an interim director and enough said about that whole thing.

Someone asked how I was going to handle having nothing to do. Ah contraire monfraire, I have plenty to do and have planned my days. There will be a trip to the Butterfly Pavilion, the Museum of Nature and Science, the IMAX, Zoo Lights, ice skating, movies, and a trip to the mountains. There will be winter cleaning and reading and writing and mileage. There will be some freaking mileage! There will be preparation of the New Year in which I will once again attempt to give up coffee and begin a plan for clean eating. There will be shopping for my Little who has had a growth spurt resulting in nothing but high water pants in her closet. There will be 5th birthday party planning and baking and lunching and lounging and lots of pajama wearing.

Oh My God, what have I done?

No comments: