Tuesday, January 13, 2009

And Then We Were Five

Today my Little is 5 years old. She is no longer a baby or a toddler, but instead officially a child. And she is my child in every sense of the word. I got a card today from a friend who wanted to celebrate the significance of my daughter making it to 5 years old without getting ill. It made me emotional. It made me think about all the people who knew me then and know me now and who have loved and supported me.

So I picked up my Little at school with a bouquet of beautiful pink flowers. She was so proud and all of her girlfriends gathered around to smell and admire her first gift of the night. So on birthdays, you get anything you want for dinner in my house. I am fortunate that she wanted turkey dogs and mac and cheese with chocolate cake for dessert. After dinner, she opened her cards and gifts and then the Princess bike we got her.

I generally send my husband flowers to thank him for the gift he gave me in her, but this year I am so thankful for her that I do not know who to thank or what the appropriate token would be.

No comments: