Sunday, January 11, 2009

Family Dinner

So I have two girlfriends I have known since middle school - which equates to more than 22 years. We have remained friends through different states, marriages, divorces, re-marriages, children, etc. Because we move at the speed of light, we girls have decided that unless we schedule our lives to include each other, we ebb and flow in our ability to stay connected and so we have scheduled a monthly dinner. The location rotates, but all three families get together for dinner and some catching up. Tonight was one of those dinners. It was also a celebration of two of the daughters - mine and Ginger's - who share a birthday on Tuesday ( Little will be 5 and ABC will be **gasp** 14).

It is so nice to call these girls my family and I love them so much. Not to say we always see eye to eye, but they add a completion to me and give me some calm. We are all so driven and wanting to continue to get better and I think our friendship is supportive, loving, caring, and honest. We can ask each other the hard questions that no one else can. I am so happy that my daughter will grow up with these people in her life.

I have had a good weekend and feel some sense of accomplishment, even though I did not do much yesterday. I start classes tomorrow in an effort to finish the final year of my degree. I am so happy about this and feel so motivated to complete my Bachelors degree after so much time. I am a little relieved that I waited to finish until I could figure out a good plan. I think I have stopped wondering what my life would have been had I not had Mackenzie, not gotten married, and finished college the first time around. I need to live in my own present and envision a full future. As always, I need luck!

No comments: