Friday, January 30, 2009

Event Week

This has been a glorious and exhausting week for me. So I have blogged about events before, but this was a unique event week in that I was the process owner and will have to defend the RIE if it is not successful. So, the challenges were a Director, the SME's for EMTALA, my own fears, and one of my colleagues.

On Friday, I had to present with the Executive Staff present as well as like 75 people. I have a fear of public speaking and hate to be on stage. This was only the second time I have ever done it though my mother likes to argue that point with me as I was in sales. Ok, a sales presentation consists of an audience of like 5 people and none of them are Executives within my own organization -AND YES, that makes a difference. I guess I did ok, I got lost in the slides once and said Um a couple of times and was incredibly nervous. Some people said they could tell and others said they could not - whatever.

No comments: