Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Count down to my break down.....

I am afraid to fly. Ridiculous I know and even worse because I am a sales rep, which instantly means travel. I am 34 and have never been farther than Mexico. Ladies and Gentlemen, steer clear of the Denver International Airport on Sunday as this psycho is leaving for Germany!

Seriously, before you get excited, realize it is a business trip and my schedule looks like this:
Leave Sunday
Arrive Monday at 11:30am, drive an hour and a half to the town, deliver collateral to the companies that said no to a demo, but yes to information
Tuesday meeting at noon and into the evening, client dinner until God knows when
Wednesday drive back to the airport and leave at 2:30

So let's talk about the ramifications of said trip: I leave Sunday at noon and desert my husband who will have all three children, Tuesday is said husband's birthday, I have never travelled internationally and am now doing it for business and not with said husband.

Professionally: I better come home with a signed contract! Which requires that I not say or do anything that could be conceived as ill mannered by the good foreign folks I am meeting with. Oh Seriously, Jet-lagged and Psycho from flying-what are the chances my mouth could get me in trouble? Did I mention that drinking beer is good business etiquette? Better update my resume!

No comments: