Friday, August 3, 2007

I get so upset when I feel like people I know and respect/like, etc. are wronged. Case in point, someone I see almost daily and have for the past couple of years has seperated from her husband. I am not ready to talk about why, but she is now trying to get past this trial while working a full-time job and caring for their two young children. Doesn't this speak to the strength of women? well, yes, but doesn't it also get back to the fact that men get to choose to be Dads while women have no choice but to raise their children. My husband and I argue about abortion to the point that it is not a topic of discussion in our household. In fact, the last time we honestly talked about our positions was in 2002 and I had my suitcase in hand.

In my opinion, until men are 100% responsible for any children produced by their sperm or find themselves giving birth, abortion is not a subject they should or can weigh in on. It is a gender specific policy that does not get to be debated by a government that is still run by men as a majority. I get the whole life at conception argument. I do not agree with this as a decision when there are so many other options. That being said....At the end of the day, this is between the mother, her family, and her God. No one knows what is best for her, certainly not some broke dick man who at the end of the day, is just going to leave.

No comments: