Wednesday, August 8, 2007

So little time in a day

Tomorrow is one of those long days and I have already had a long week, but on some strange level, I am excited. I start my day with a CSIA DEMO gala meeting at 7:30am downtown. I have completely lost my mind in that I am on the steering committee, Nomination Committee, Chair of the Conference Committee, a member of the Sales Committee, Selection Committee, and still trying to raise funds for the CSIA CSU Inspire to Innovate First Annual Scholarship that we will awarded at the gala dinner. This equates to three to four DEMO meetings a week for the next couple of weeks and then more as we move closer to crunch time and the actual event in October. So after my meeting, I will go to work (Yes, I still have a day job) until the CSIA Wine Tasting Event at the Governor's Mansion. This after I popped off to the Governor's Advocate about Mr. Ritter's state hotline program just yesterday. I am excited about the wine tasting event for many reasons: 1) I genuinely enjoy the members of CSIA and some of them I do not get to see regularly, 2) I genuinely love Garfield Estates wine and they are a sponsor - thank you Jeff Carr, and 3) because I have invited and am hosting the CEO of madKast and though I am not a technical mind, I love sexy technology and I love when they innovate, create inside of Colorado, and boost the economy even more. I am a borderline politician, economist, philanthropist, maniac.

So I have become a Tri junkie and am now looking for my next race. I have said the next race is a 5K to improve my time, but I am about 5 races down the line in my head. So there is a Marine Corp 5K in a couple of months, then a 10K in December, a 10 mile in January, then I should be at a half marathon. I will either run the Boulder Backroads Half or maybe the full marathon if I am ready because I am loyal to them in that my first BB and first half marathon was on my 33rd birthday. They sang Happy Birthday to me at the aid stations and except for those who dropped out, I was dead last. Everyone - volunteers, participants, spectators, lined the course as I came in and cheered for me. It was amazing and I am loyal. Unlike running races, Tri's have a season - or at least this is what I gather from the research I have done this week. But the Danskin is on my list, as is the Tri for the Cure. I want to do a couple more sprint tri's before I increase the distance. I do not have time for any of this!

So speaking of things I do not have time for, I have started writing again and have an article ready for a magazine. It is actually a series concept in which I have the first two months written. Fingers crossed that 1) I will do something more than carry the articles around with me, 2) I will submit them to a couple different publications, and 3) one of them will be crazy enough to publish me, make me a regular contributor, or at least allow me to freelance.

No comments: