Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Go Mary Jane Watson

As most of you know, I am a romantic. I want a happy ending and the right guy to get the girl in the end. You should also know that I am a novice, but a lover of comic book character movies. I do not want to argue who made the better Batman or Superman, or how close the movie story line is to the actual books. I do not care and do not read the books, but I love the Superheros.

I almost gave up Spiderman last night. Yes, I said it. They almost lost me. So we are watching Spiderman 2, because the Little is now into this stuff and I had not seen it yet. The whole movie is about Mary Jane Watson begging Peter Parker to tell her that he loves her because WE ALL KNOW HE DOES. But he won't. She cries, she accepts the proposal of another man, and he won't. He does not care that she waits tables to make ends meet while trying to get an acting job. She does not care that he is a poor newpaper photographer by day and Superhero by night. They love each other, madly truly deeply. They have always been there for one another and seen each other at their worst. So I get mad - and I mean mad. I am about to admonish Spiderman3 from ever coming into the house. And she does it. She runs out on her wedding, straight to the hobble that Peter Parker calls home. She decides that love can conquer all and that she will not let him tell her that they cannot be together. Because really, what kind of shit is that? If we have nothing else but love and passion, then brother, we have it all.

No comments: