Saturday, August 11, 2007

Thank Heaven for Little Girls

So tying into my blog about my friend and her cheating husband and the real fact that I am tired and have little time for anything else, my 3 yr old daughter had her very first sleep over last night. It was my friend's little girl - the girls are in the same class at school. So it went fine, I made them dinner because they said they were hungry, neither one of them ate, even though I made them exactly what they asked for, cleaned up their dinner dishes, and made them snacks 10 minutes later. I could not get them to sleep until after 10pm and they woke me at 3am and again at 6am. So early this morning, I watched Barbie as Rapunzel with my two favorite girls half sitting and half laying on me. We had some breakfast and then went off to the playground. Our little guest started crying when her mother showed up because she did not want to go to the mountains as planned and instead wanted to go to ballet with my Little because they are in that class together on Saturdays as well.

I taught my daughter the meaning of gratitude today and she said she had gratitude for her friend having a sleepover with her and for the little boy in her class asking her to the birthday party she went to last weekend. I am grateful that my friend trusted me with her precious cargo and that I can be there for her. I am grateful that I do not have to make the hard decisions she is faced with and that if I did, I have strong friends that would support me.

August is about gratitude and I am going to be all about being grateful.

No comments: