Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Difference In Women & Men

I watched Sex in the City again today. This time I watched it with G and let me say: I am so so so happy I watched it for the very first time with him no where near me. He would have ruined the entire experience for me. I cannot convince him, no matter how hard I try, that this story could be any woman's story. And in fact, it is pieces of mine. Minus the glamorous life, the $525 shoes, New York, the money, the incredible men......you get the picture.

I have moved out of my own apartment and into the home of a man I was not married to, only to have no where to live. I have loved a man on and off for my entire life. I have envied a friend for her perfect fairytale life. I have watched someone I care for try to move on after her husband had an affair. I have wanted passion and romance and raw animal magnetism. I have also spent days in bed and wiped the tears of my girls while they have spent days in bed.

The story is real I tell you. Sex and the City is the thing about women that men will never understand, unless they are able to appreciate the wardrobe as much as you do.

No comments: