Friday, October 3, 2008

Older Than I Ever Thought I Would Be....

In a few short months, I have gone from aggressive and offensive to tenacious. I love tenacious and have worn my new adjective with pride. I love "win-win" situations and made some solid business decisions today. God, I'm smart. Ok, when I am on, I am on and I must take full advantage of those days. Especially when they happen while I am recovering from the Plague and hung over from medication and not sleeping due to this nagging cough!

So I am itching to run. For the first time in a very long time, I am itching to run. So with the Plague in my chest and my wheezing like a 90 year old man with emphysema, I am sidelined and in capable of climbing the stairs without nearing passing out from a lack of oxygen. I long to put on my shoes and run until my sides ache and my legs beg for mercy. It has been so long since I ventured out, this should happen by the time I hit my mailbox at the end of my driveway!

The point is that I am happy - so very happy. I love my job and my opportunity. I am closer to finishing my degree than I thought. I am content in the new house. My daughter is priceless. My dogs are at peace and cuddly. My husband is supportive and loves me. And I am 36. Older than I ever thought I would be.

No comments: