Saturday, October 11, 2008

You Put Your Right Arm In......

I am doing the health hokey pokey. Last night I took a step in and today I have taken a step out. I think I am tapering off into a good old fashioned chest cold, but man, I am sick of coughing, wheezing, and being unable to breath. I am also sick of sitting up all night watching Food Network while I exhaust myself with this so that the heavy breathing and wheezing does not keep me up.

Me being sick has given G all kinds of ammo for fodder. As I talk about going back to school, he reminds me that I have been sick for 2 1/2 weeks, that I am not unpacked, and that I am not always capable of 16 good hours of work a day. Damn my moment of weakness.

So my life sounds pretty boring right now, but it is really not. I am just not clever enough in my constant drug induced state to articulate the things going on. Yesterday was my boss's last day and I was the only direct report to attend her going away party. It was an interesting event and though I am not sorry to see her go - change is necessary - I am sorry that I did not have more time with her.

Second on my list is that I lost a friend this week. I mean I lost her prior to this week, but was only mildly disappointed and keeping the door open. Well, after this week, and the constant reports of her carrying on about me and specifically my daughter behind my back - to people who know better no doubt - I am mad and done.

No comments: