Friday, October 31, 2008

I Am A Black Belt

So I completed my Black Belt training and I get to breath easy for about 10 minutes. My first report is due December 10th and though I have made a list of quick and easy report topics, I feel so much angst about doing this right. I also feel indebted to my organization for giving me this opportunity, one that most have had to wait years to get. I am excited as well for if you know me, then you know that something like a Black Belt report and being the Team Lead for Rapid Improvement Events are right up my alley! My November is booked with RIE's and Value Streams. I have never been in an RIE, but I love Value Streams. Both of which I will explain better as I go through the process.

In other non-news, I have heard nothing about my application for the Director's job. I am not surprised as everything takes time within my organization and the position is still posted. This is also good news for me as it is giving me time to do a 100 days report and a business plan for the department. Things I would do to make improvements and what my plans would be for the 100 days in that position.

No comments: