Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Day One

Ahh, new car smell - or the promise of a fresh and clean new year. Either way, I love the smell of potential. Already this year holds some major changes for our family. Our oldest son will either get his act together at college or he will be asked to leave the university. Our middle son will graduate from high school and begin his college experience. Our Little will complete 1st grade. I will graduate from college and hope to move on to a MBA program. G will continue to work on his game and will probably finish it this year. We will decide where to live, we will stop paying the equivalent of a luxury car payment in child support while actually supporting the child ourselves - thus making double payments. My hope is that the unexpected that comes before us are happy surprises and not reactionary trials. I am tired of trials and character building events. We have had about 10 years of them and that will suffice.

So I have my educational goals, my professional goals associated with what I need to accomplish for the organization this year (and have nothing to do with a promotion in 2010), and my own personal goals. I need to regain control over my body this year. Thyroid levels up (or down, whichever way you look at them), my sugars down without medication, consistency in my exercise regime, and get the extra weight off of my body. I want to strengthen my core to protect my back from further injury.

That is all for now....

No comments: