Saturday, November 1, 2008

2 Witches In My House

I am one of those Mommy's that would be just fine putting her child into a bubble in which no one could hurt her and she would never scrape her knee. So the thought of my Little running from house to house yelling trick or treat was not ideal for this scenario. My heart stopped every time someone answered the door, especially if it was a man. She was with a group of girls and both G and I were there along with both sets of the girl's parents, so I felt a little better about that. My Little had such a good time and in all honesty, this is the first year she has really wanted to trick or treat, so I relaxed a bit. Then this morning, I read that a little boy was shot to death and his cousin injured as they walked up to a house last night. All of a sudden, my crazy does not seem so much so anymore!

My biggest success? For the first time in 10 years, my husband gave out candy to the little ghouls and gobblins that came to our door. Baby steps!

No comments: