Wednesday, November 19, 2008

And The Winner Is....Not Me!

So I am not going to get the Director position and in fact, I am not going to be interviewed for the position. Now, before you throw something or stomp your feet, realize that I turned down an opportunity to sit with our CFO fully knowing I was not a candidate. The upside is that she called me personally to ask me whether or not she was missing something on my resume that she was looking for in a candidate. She was right about that specific qualification. This is a woman who has been consumed with the budget. And she called me. She even offered me the opportunity to sit down with her to discuss this if I felt like I needed to. More and more, I like and respect her.

Now, before you think that I am extremely passive about this, you have to know that I did pout and whine about it for an hour or two. I mean, I am after all, spoiled. However, my husband gave me some perspective and clarity that snapped me out of the funk pretty quickly, reminding me that I have been promoted twice this year, I have not been with the organization for 12 months yet, and the promotion would have leap frogged me over the manager level. The place I have taken myself to is that I have some things I need to get together personally. I need to get healthy and want to finish my degree and then look towards a Masters degree. I can do that in my current position. Add to my daily life, these two steps towards large goals, plus my newly established Black Belt responsibilities, and I think that I have enough on my plate.

No comments: