Sunday, November 16, 2008

I Am Driven, HardWorking, and Not A Hypocrite

So I am working on scholarships so that I can get back into school. Again, this is one of the those times in which I could be extremely resentful, but I am choosing not to go down that path. Instead, I am asking some of my favorite people in life to write professional and character references on my behalf. There are times in which I have conversations with my sons about college and how important it is to succeed in life. Very few times have they come back pointing out my success and lack of college. Why do I get to come off like a hypocrite? Well, it is very simple, I am driven , dedicated, and hard-working. I owned my 1st business when I was in 7th grade with my best friend. We wrote a business plan, marketing material, and had business cards. This was a couple of years after I was the 2nd place cookie salesperson in the state of Texas with the Girl Scouts. Despite coming from a upper middle class family, getting a car on my 16th birthday, and getting spending money from my parents, I started working when I was 15. My first job was Dairy Queen and I have not spent 6 months without a job every since. I worked my entire pregnancy and went back only a few weeks after my Little was born. Now fortunately, I owned my own business at that time too and was able to work from home, but I made money.

Being that my sons take after their mother and are influenced by the step-father, they do not have the benefit of their work ethic to fall back on and need as much education as they can get.

No comments: