Friday, November 28, 2008

No Black Friday for This Girl

Black Friday has never interested me. Retailers cannot give me enough of a discount to get up early enough to make it to the 4am opening and interact with thousands of bargain shoppers. Not to put too fine of a point on it, but I am not a big fan of the general public and giving them license to act like complete animals is icing on that cake. Not to mention the fact that I am a tad claustrophobic. And who stampedes into a WalMart with such force that you take a man's life?

So instead, I started the day with bagels from Einstein, lattes from Starbucks, and a trip to the local Sunflower Farmers Market and King Soopers with my Little.

I bought the Clean Eating Diet Cookbook and love the recipes I am seeing in there. My mother often jokes that she had a ceste pool rather than a gene pool and suffers from all sorts of malidies that I am sure can be staved off by some clean eating. Of course, she spent years as an alcoholic, smoked for more than 30 years, did not exercise until recently, drinks coffee from the time she gets up until she goes back to bed, and eats mayonaisse on everything from sandwiches to fruit to potato chips.

So, my first order of business is to wrap my head around what it means to eat clean and then work up the courage to give up coffee as a staple in my diet. I guess I should start walking around with a warning label.

No comments: